Since i so rudely interrupted myself with all the thread dyeing, i now have (counting today) 25 days to finish a piece for a group show. But i *did* need those threads as the tub was emptying!
Looking rather a bit strange, but that’s how they start sometimes.
I had started with this sketch as the inspiration, but knew along the way that it would interpret itself for a new piece.
So, it became glorious pile of this:
It morphed smaller:
I tried to stare it down every time i walked by it, didn’t really like it, and it was saying nothing. Pretty but nothing.
Yesterday i took it down to the Dye Dungeon (where my studio is), and cut a piece out of it, then pieced back in some madder/marigold dyed linen. It’s started to sing now.
There may be a bit more radio silence here than normal, as i meet that pesky deadline.